Monday, December 31, 2007

A Key Mission for 2008

Greetings on this cold and wintery New Year's Eve day....I hope it is warm wherever you may find yourself!

Just like what we prescribe for our clients, MarketMatch completed a strategic planning initiative for 2008 and we are very excited to get rolling for the year. We have many new items that you will soon hear about and exciting plans for new ways to support our clients!

As I was thinking about 2008, I was reminded of the experiences I had when my oldest daughter was in high school marching band. True to my form, I had to participate and couldn't just be involved I had to volunteer to be the "Pit Crew Boss"...the person in charge of making sure all instruments, band members, support items, etc. made it to each competitition and practice for the 150 member band and color guard.

In my daughter's last year, we had the privilege of being selected to play at the halftime celebration of the Sugar Bowl (it was in 2003 and Florida State played Georgia!) As the band practiced and practiced and practiced....I remember a key mission the band director laid out for the band.

He would say....after a very successful practice....that it was the responsibility of each band member to think of one...just one....thing that they could individually improve. He went on to say that if we did that for every practice and every competition, we would "fix" 150 mistakes EACH TIME.

To that end, 2008 may seem a bit daunting as you review all of the Agenda items....but break it into SMALL steps and involve every one....soon you will be making incremental improvements and BIG jumps without too much fus....

My New Year's wish to you....get a bit better, faster, stronger each day in 2008!

Cheers!

Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment