Thursday, October 25, 2012

Finding Inspiration


As a creative person, my environment plays a large role into how inspired, or uninspired I am on any given day. 

Some days, I can sit at my desk and almost absorb the energy that flows from the various photos of my family and the brightly colored office accessories that surround me. As I drink my morning coffee and check my emails, I feel ready to churn out a productive day's worth of designing. I find myself in a more agreeable mood and even the worst design critique doesn't phase me on those days. 

Other days, however, I feel weighed down by the messy piles of scribbled notes, printouts and to do lists. I stare at my computer screen, expecting it to just work on it's own without my input. Obviously this doesn't make for an effective day, and even the tiniest blip or change to a design can send me into the depths of despair. 

Regardless of how I feel, work still needs to be done, so what do I do about it? I clean house. I toss the papers I don't need. I slowly rewrite my to-do list on a fresh piece of paper. I may even dust the corners of my desk. I open my eyes and take a fresh look at my surroundings and try to appreciate the details about them. I don't think about all the stuff I have to do. I think about all that is happening in the moment. It's usually just the amount of fresh air that I needed to get my footing and get back to designing. 

Are you feeling uninspired or weighed down? Perhaps it's time for you to do a little cleaning and take a step back as well. It sure can't hurt to try.  


Until next time, 

Gail 



MarketMatch is a full-service marketing consulting firm, dedicated to the credit union and community banking community. We utilize knowledge-based strategies to help you FOCUS on the efforts that will generate MOMENTUM and yield the greatest RESULTS for your bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment