Thursday, December 11, 2008

2009 Resolutions


Well, we’re 14 days from “The big day.”  Then we have 5 December days that might as well not exist … then New Year’s Eve.  So I thought I’d take his time to skip straight to New Year’s Resolutions.

Among the office parties, branch parties, management lunches, friend’s gatherings and family get-togethers … consider some of the following resolutions for ’09:

 “In 2009, I resolve to…

  • Measure ROI on all major campaigns and on my marketing efforts overall (at least monthly or quarterly)
  • Write at least 3 personal note cards per week to key commercial prospects
  •  Test variables (target, message, offer, mailer dimensions, etc.) on at least 2 direct mail campaigns
  • Get an idea from at least one non-bank related retail example ... and use it
  • Better use segmentation to stretch my marketing budget and increase results
  • Conduct a benchmark awareness study in Q1 and a follow-up study in Q4 … and show a positive trend!
  • Focus as much on the delivery of the promise (front line practices and sales techniques) as I do on the marketing message itself (external communication)
  • Improve internal communication of bank objectives, goal progress and brand messaging/delivery
  • Form a marketing advisory board of targeted customers to critique all messaging (ads, web site, direct mail, etc) from an outside, non-banking perspective
  • Read/attend every trade pub, industry blog, and webinar that I can get my hands on to stay on top of the industry – and not just read the marketing articles.
  • Read at least one non-industry related marketing book
  • Attend the ABA School of Bank Marketing & Management … Get my CFMP certification
  • Have more fun at my job because there’s nothing better than being a marketer!

Now, I need your help!  Please post a comment to this blog to add your own’09 resolution or to comment on any of the ones above.

Good luck making it through the next few weeks and enjoy the holidays.

Take care,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment